At the May 14, 2014 meeting, the Board adopted the Terms of Reference for a Universal Accessibility Committee. The committee is to provide recommendations to the Board for policies, fundraising, grant writing and planning relating to the promotion of Universal Accessibility of Cultus Lake Park. The scope of Universal Accessibility includes all public areas in the Park, such as trails, beaches, green spaces, foreshore and all facilities owned by Cultus Lake Park including wharves, gazebos and public washrooms. Click here for a copy of the Terms of Reference.
Members are being recruited for this Select Committee, which will consist of:
- Committee Chair (Commissioner)
- Committee Vice-Chair (Commissioner)
- One member from the Fraser Health Authority
- One member from the Chilliwack Society for Community Living
- Three citizens and/or agency representatives from the broad community, specifically those who, through knowledge and/or experience, have an interest in advocating for people with disabilities.
If you, or someone you know, is interested in becoming a member of this new committee, please submit a Committee Volunteer Application prior to June 6, for Board consideration at the June 11 meeting. Applications will be kept on file if received after the deadline, for future vacancies.