OFFICE OF THE ELECTORAL AREA DIRECTOR
You’re invited to an Emergency Planning info session. Please come on out to find out what has been happening in Area H to help prepare, and hear some home tips too.
Area H Community Emergency Preparedness Meeting – Saturday, July 6th 12:30-2:00 – Columbia Valley Firehall – 1202 Kosikar Road, Columbia Valley
Taryn Dixon – FVRD Director Area H
- Communications – when an emergency strikes, no news is often good news
- How we can best assist our fire department
- Being prepared provides peace of mind – grab and go kit
Reg Dyck – FVRD Emergency Manager
- Home tips for being Firesmart
- What happens around large scale emergencies – evacuation procedures
- Being prepared doesn’t mean being paranoid – our foliage vs interior of BC
- ESS / Brochures
Mike Soth – Columbia Valley FD Fire Chief:
- Fire Dept. training and equipment update.
- Further discussion around preparedness and protecting homes
- Where public can find information regarding wildfires in the province and more specifically updates on any FVRD area fires/emergencies
- Reporting fires and what to do when there are fires in the area
- What to watch for in our neighborhoods and FSR areas
- Q & A with our Fire Chief.
We hope to see you there.
Director, FVRD Electoral Area H