Notice of Interest
Thank you for your interest in running for Cultus Lake Park Board Commissioner in the 2022 Local Government Elections.
Nomination packages are available for pick up beginning today, Monday, July 25, 2022, at the Cultus Lake Park office during regular operating hours, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, excluding statutory holidays. Alternatively, you may download a nomination package from the Cultus Lake Park website at www.cultuslake.bc.ca/local-elections.
The nomination period runs from 9:00 am on Tuesday, August 30th, until 4:00 pm on Friday, September 9th. Candidates are encouraged to submit their nomination papers early and not wait until the last day as this will allow sufficient time to correct any problems with the nomination documents prior to the close of the nomination period.
Please contact the Chief Election Officer, Rachel Litchfield by email or phone at [email protected] or 604-847-2041 to make a half hour appointment to submit your nomination documents at a mutually convenient time. You are welcome to have your scrutineer present at the time of the appointment to overlook the submission and review of the nomination package.
Requirements of the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act that are new to the 2022 election are outlined on the Elections BC website (www.elections.bc.ca). Questions of a financial matter must be addressed directly to Elections BC by email or phone at [email protected] or
Immediately after 4:00 pm on Friday, September 9, 2022, the Chief Election Officer will declare all individuals who have been successfully nominated as candidates for elected office. This list will be posted on the Cultus Lake Park’s website (www.cultuslake.bc.ca).
- Additional Information and Resources:
- General Local Elections 101
- Thinking About Running for Local Office
- What Every Candidate Needs to Know
- Candidate’s Guide to Local Elections
- Elector Organization Guide to Local Elections
- Elections BC Bulletin – Amendments to Local Election Campaign Financing Act
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in BC
- Third Party Advertising Sponsor Guide
- Local Government Act Excerpt – Part 3
- Local Government Campaign Financing Act