This event has ended
May 4, 2022
12:00 am - 12:00 am
Conquer the Vedder
Saturday & Sunday May 7 & 8, 2022
Cultus Lake, BC
Solo or Relay (Teams of 3) – Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) / Gravel Biking / Trail Running
Conquer the Vedder is a new multisport race with a twist. We only allow standup paddleboards and the course favours gravel bikes. Courses are entirely flagged with zero navigation undertaken by participants.
Cultus Lake and Vedder Mountain offer up unparalleled trail and water access. There are hundreds of kilometers of singletrack trails all over Vedder Mountain, and Cultus Lake is a favourite summer destination for watersport lovers.
Many in the trail running world have dipped their toes in the SUP and Gravel Biking scene over the last few years, and we look forward to presenting you with a great option to either put all your new sports gear to the test, or to link up with a few friends from different sports scenes to have a blast as a relay team!
- Courses are entirely flagged, no navigation needed, no maps or compasses provided. Follow the flagging, start to finish.
- SUP only; no kayaks, canoes or surf-skis allowed.
- Mountain bikes are allowed, but gravel and cyclocross bikes are WAY more efficient for these courses. Using a mountain bike will place you at a disadvantage, but they are allowed.
- Winning times are expected to be in the 4 hour range (+/- 30 mins).
- Cap off the day with a BBQ by the lake (included with your registration!)
Coast Mountain Trail Running donates $5 per participant ($15 per relay team) to local trails through the Vedder Mountain Trails Association, as well as planting 1 tree for each participant. This year the City of Chilliwack is matching our donation for local reforestation projects! You can further support these efforts with an additional donation during registration.
NOTE: Relay spots available (below) reflects total participants. The cap for the relay is 100 teams (300 participants).